The changing climate, economic development and environmental awareness are global concerns that have influenced major policy decisions. Shalimar's is committed to the global agenda as organizations are likely to be, with a defined and targeted framework for attaining goals within the confines of our commercial activities.
In order to attain the above, the company aspires to achieve the following:
- To implement CSR programmes in relevant local areas in order to meet promises made in response to requests from government and regulatory agencies;
- To participate in affirmative action programmes such as skill development and career training;
- To provide members of CSR programmes with equal opportunities;
- To build the necessary capabilities and self-reliance of participants at the rural level, particularly women, in the belief that they are conditions for social and economic progress;
- To undertake CSR programmes primarily in areas that are economically close to the Company's operations, allowing for close monitoring and maximum developmental impact;
- To work with industry organizations, such as the National Association of Manufacturers to promote sustainability;
- To form public-private partnerships in order to increase the impact of CSR programmes.